Innovative authoring applications on the web
We design and implement complete authoring applications or provide tools and assistance to developers or integrators.
Our products rely on intuitive user interfaces to let non technical users structure the input space. Content is stored as XML documents in a native XML database. This data model enables the fast development of highly configurable content management solutions for a wide range of applications.
We support all kind of formats : forms, catalogs, semi-structured documents (articles, newsletters, magazines, etc.) or multimedia documents.
Some realizations include document editors, editorial chains and web applications
Starting from a document model we create a custom editor that runs in a web browser, with or without a server backend.
- test specification (evaluation, psychometric, etc.)
- business contract, workpackage description
Starting from multiple data models we create web pages for data input and the transformations required to convert data from a model to another one. Such transformations include cross-media publishing or datawarehouse integration.
- a 4 pages newsletter editorial chain targeted at two colors offset printing (more than 30000 printed copies distributed since 2012)
- article authoring chain with latex or Docbook conversion
- bars and restaurants descriptions with event schedules integrated onto a Ruby on Rails application
Web applications and content management solutions
Document editors can be integrated into editorial chains which themselves can be integrated into web applications.
A classical web application looks like a web site where most of the pages are directly editable from within the web browser. This allows to enter data into the content management solution directly from the published view.
Each page is composed of two views : a readonly view and an editor view. Only authorized users get the editor view that guides them to enter data while maintaining a strong graphical identity. Each page is associated with a template completed with optional modules.
Sample page templates :
- Generic web page
- Classified ads
- Event announcement
- Meeting minutes
- Member presentation
Sample modules :
- Photo gallery
- Shared documents
- Detailed program event
- Forms (registration, etc.)
- E-mail notification (page update, submitted form, etc.)
All application content is available as structured data for reuse.
Custom search engines are able to leverage document structure for better matches.
Some advanced modules may turn even a simple publication-oriented web site into a collaborative application such as :
- catalogs, listings
- publication workflow (e.g. moderated ads)
- generation of badges and participants lists for distribution during an event (directly from registration data)
- generation of Quizz or other types of Exercices (learning environments...)
- user accounts and associated profiles to define access rights
- note taking, document management
- dashboard views